Monday, August 1, 2016

The Great Destination Guide Update of 2016 (Your Help Wanted!)

A compass on a world map
Hey all!

Greetings from NYC! I’m getting ready to head to Dubai, the Maldives, and Sri Lanka and will be mostly offline as I put into practice what I said I would do a few months ago: work less when I travel.

While I am gone, Erica and Erika, the two lovely people that help mw keep this site running, are going to start the long process of updating ALL of the 200+ destination guides on the website.

While we constantly update guides based on where I go and new prices and information, we haven’t undertaken a big update to the guides in a year and many are sorely in need of revising and expanding. During this update, I also plan to redesign the layout so the content is easier to read and add more practical details, activities, and resources for each place.

While I’ve been a lot of places in the past year, I haven’t been everywhere – there are some destinations I haven’t been to in a couple of years and their content is super out of date.

So I need your help!

You are a virtual army of travelers roaming and living around the world and, I need your help. Can you help us update prices, budget tips and hacks, and cool new attractions? I know travelers everywhere would love it!

I need help updating the following countries and cities:

We are looking for very specific information: restaurant prices, grocery prices (how much does it cost to buy groceries for a week?), transportation tips, budget advice and ways to save money in that destinations, and any additional attractions we might have missed in the previous version of the guide.  We want to make sure all the practical and budget friendly advice is as accurate and up to date as possible.

You won’t get a byline, but if we use your tips and tricks (which we will verify from independent sources), we’ll send you a copy of any one of my digital books you want! (And, if your mailing address is in the United States or Canada, a Nomadic Matt t-shirt!)

Please note that if you don’t live in that destination, you must have visited after October 2015 as I to ensure the information is accurate and up to date.

Please your updates to erikao@nomadicmatt.com with the subject “Destination Guide Update: [Destination Name]”.   The more details the better so don’t worry about overtyping!  

I very much appreciate the help! If you have any questions, leave them in the comments!

Best,

Matt

P.S. – Even if you don’t live in one of the destinations list, feel free to browse our destination guides section and add any advice or tips you have for any place you want!

The post The Great Destination Guide Update of 2016 (Your Help Wanted!) appeared first on Nomadic Matt's Travel Site.



from Nomadic Matt's Travel Site http://ift.tt/2apQ3si

No comments:

Post a Comment