Monday, December 25, 2017

A Very, Merry Christmas, 2017.

Thanks for checking out today's post. After reading I'd love to hear your thoughts on the comments by clicking here ---> A Very, Merry Christmas, 2017.

stockings including a child with Down syndrome

Twas the night before Christmas…

I’m writing this blog post with a full heart and a quite house. After a great day of spending time with as a family (including my mom and brother who came up to hang out with us today), all of our children are asleep, and my wife and I are just hanging out on the couch relaxing. Life is good.

The older our kids get (Noah is 7 now!) the more fun Christmas becomes. It’s brings me great much joy watching the boys make cookies for Santa and put them out, along with carrots for Santa’s reindeer! They were SO excited yesterday waiting for the next day…the day when Santa would come!

Making cookies for “Santa!”

Hot Choclate

They are excited for Santa to come!

Cookies and milk for me…I mean Santa!

We let them open a present a piece on Christmas Eve…which they were excited to do!

After the boys went to sleep, we went to work…”helping Santa” do his work. I love the peaceful quite of Christmas Eve and the early morning hours of Christmas after the kids are in bed, and all of the stockings are full and the gifts are all wrapped and under the tree. There is nothing like it.

The next day came and the boys had so much fun opening their gifts and playing with their toys. It’s a blast watching them play with each other. As I’ve talked about before, it’s so much fun watching the relationship the boys have with one another develop.

Stockings come first!

Noah showing baby Koen a gift from his stocking

Jaxten’s new camera

Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em

#LikeFatherLikeSon

Our boys are fans of Nerf guns!

Jaxten wanted to make a video. 🙂

Mario and Luigi

You see me rollin’

Check out this fun video of the boys “driving” their Power Wheels! Noah’s doing a great job (minus the fence he hit!)

Scooters!

On top of a great day for Noah and Jaxten, it was also a great day for their baby brother, Koen. He celebrated both his 8 week birthday today, as well as his first Christmas!

baby's first Christmas younger brother of a child with Down syndrome

Koen’s First Christmas!

It is such a joy to be a dad to my boys, and a father to my sweet wife. She really is amazing, and my heart really is full. I love my family so much, they truly are one of the greatest gifts in my life. They really do make every Christmas, merry.

As I talked about yesterday, I know today wasn’t a day filled with joy for everyone. If that’s your story, I’m sorry. Please know, that you have a friend in us!

On behalf of the Smith family, we want to wish everyone reading this a very, Merry Christmas!

christmas picture family raising a child with Down syndrome

Merry Christmas

You just finished reading A Very, Merry Christmas, 2017. on Noah's Dad! I'd love to hear what you think, please take a second to click on the link above and leave a comment. Thanks for being awesome! :)



from Noah's Dad http://ift.tt/2lb6AV5

No comments:

Post a Comment